Monday, July 23, 2018

DURAN DURAN/ERASURE July 31st, 1987 Shoreline

This is effectively my very 1st concert. The Erasure setlist might be slightly wrong. I remember some dudes in front of us were there for Erasure, going crazy while the majority of the venue didn't know them. I knew 5 of the songs as I was already a big Live 105 listener and they were very early supporters of Erasure. Speaking of Live 105, Steve Masters was MC of the show. Also, it's probable that the last 2 or 3 songs Duran performed were an encore but there's no notation of such so I'm not sure. Also of interest is how many songs they did from their then new album Notorious. This was their first tour after losing 2 original members - Andy and Roger. Warren was on guitar but not officially a member of the band yet. Both their off-shoot projects (Arcadia and Power Station) would be represented but then forgotten for over a decade in their live sets. As I said, this was my 1st concert. My 2nd concert would occur exactly one week later....


DURAN DURAN
THE STRANGE BEHAVIOUR TOUR
Opening Act: ERASURE
Shoreline Amphitheatre
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA
July 31, 1987



Set Lists:

ERASURE
1. Victim of Love
2. It Doesn't Have To Be
3. Reunion
4. Spiraling
5. Hideaway
6. Who Needs Love Like That
7. Oh L'amour
8. Sometimes




DURAN DURAN
1. A View to a Kill
2. Notorious
3. American Science
4. Union of the Snake
5. Vertigo (Do The Demolition)
6. New Religion
7. Meet El Presidente
8. Election Day
9. Some Like It Hot
10. The Chauffeur
11. Save a Prayer
12. Skin Trade
13. Hold Me
14. Is There Something I Should Know?
15. Hungry Like The Wolf
16. The Wild Boys
17. The Reflex


No comments:

Post a Comment